LTK WiFi and Mobile Hotspot SOP
LTK associates are to avoid connection to unsecured networks whenever possible.
If an associate must use a public network, they agree to follow the following guidelines:
- When using Wi-Fi hotspots, associates must use a virtual private network (VPN). VPNs encrypt traffic between your computer and the internet, even on unsecured networks. This is required even if the public network uses WEP or WPA.
- When using a hotspot, log in to or send personal information only to websites that are fully encrypted. If logged in to an encrypted site but are redirected to an unencrypted page, log out right away & notify LTK-Management.
- Don’t stay permanently signed in to accounts. When finished using an account, log out.
- LTK associates will keep browsers and security software up-to-date.
- Mobile devices must be configured so they do not automatically connect to nearby Wi-Fi.
Tip: look for https in the URL to know a site is secure.