The Template Field Trigger plugin in Lender Toolkit's PowerTools is a utility that with very little configuration, can automatically add apply loan program, closing cost, data, and document templates. By simply building business rules that modify the plugin's custom fields to specific values, the plugin will find the template that the business rule indicates, and apply it to the loan.
By applying Underwriting Conditions to loans automatically, the user's time can be dedicated to more important aspects of analyzing the loan. This can ensure that the correct data and fee values are adjusted in a loan when key parameters, such as loan type, change.
1. Installation of the Template Field Trigger tool is done through the PowerTools Plugin under the Optimized tier. Ensure that the tool is licensed through PowerTools before continuing.
2. In the PowerTools Plugin, ensure that the Template Field Trigger tool is activated under the “Settings” button. When the tool is active, you’ll see a button from the main PowerTools Optimized tab with he label “Template Field Trigger”.
3. Once activated an input form called “Admin – Template Field Trigger Plugin" will be added to the system.
Instructions for Use
1. After installing the plugin, the following fields will be added to your Encompass environment:
- CX.TEMPLATE.APPEND.OVERWRITE - Template Data should Append or Overwrite data in the Loan
- CX.TEMPLATE.APPLY - In each UW Condition Field Trigger business rule, this field is required and must be set to "Y" LAST. The plugin watches for this field to be set to "Y" and then looks through all the previously mentioned fields to know how to apply the template to the loan
- CX.TEMPLATE.PATH - Full Template Path (Public:\Companywide\...)
- CX.TEMPLATE.RESULT - Apply Template Result - "OK" on Success
- CX.TEMPLATE.TYPE -Dropdown field with options for:
Input Form Set
Loan Template Set
2. The plugin's custom input form "Admin - Template Field Trigger Plugin" has an easy to use Trigger Composition feature that shows all of the above fields, allows you to set the values you want, and then provides you with the Field Trigger code that you can simply copy and paste into a business rule
3. Once the administrator becomes more familiar with the field names and how this tool works, business rules can be written or edited by hand, and include more logic to control when and how templates are automatically applied to a loan.
This product installs the following:
Admin - Template Field Trigger Plugin and Codebase