Locksmith is a simple way to alert another user that you need to edit the loan they are currently working in. In the past, you may have done this via phone, email, or an external chat system. With Locksmith, you can now alert the user with the simple click of a button right from inside Encompass.
- Installation of the Locksmith plugin is done through the Toolshed Plugin under the Expert tier, ensure that the Locksmith plugin is licensed through Toolshed before continuing.
- In the Toolshed Plugin, ensure that the Locksmith plugin is activated under the “Settings” button. When the tool is active, you’ll see a button from the main PowerTools Expert tab with “Locksmith” written on it.
- Once activated, you'll see the Locksmith button appear on the Encompass pipeline.
Instructions for Use
If you attempt to open a loan and get a message about it being locked by another user, you can use Locksmith to alert that user that you are waiting to edit the loan.
1. On the Encompass pipeline, select the loan that is currently locked by another user:
2. With the loan selected, click the Locksmith button:
3. You will get a popup notification to confirm that the system has now notified the user that is currently editing the loan that you'd like to edit it:
4. The user that is currently editing the loan will also get a popup notification alerting them that you are waiting to edit the loan:
5. Once the user has exited the loan, you will get an email notification that the loan is available to edit:
This package installs: