PurposeThe Form Navigation plugin is designed to make navigating from form to form easier for users of Encompass, by adding a web-browser-like back and forward buttons interface. In addition to allowing users to go forward and backward, they can view their full input form navigation history since they opened the loan, and select any form they've already visited.
Activation1. Installation of
the Form Navigation plugin is done through the Toolshed Plugin under
the Free tier, ensure that the Form Navigation plugin is licensed
through Toolshed before continuing.
2. In the Toolshed Plugin, ensure that the Form Navigation plugin is activated under the “Settings” button. When the tool is active, you’ll see a button from the main PowerTools Free tab with “Form Navigation” written on it.
3. Once activated, the navigation buttons will be added to your system. Once activated, this tool will run automatically.
Instructions for Use
1. After navigating to more than 2 forms, the back button will activate. This is shown by a darker grey color:
2. You can click on this back button to go to the previous screen, and by doing so, the Forward button will activate to allow you to return to the form you just left.
3. If you have gone back or forward enough, the button will deactivate if there is not enough field history to read from.
4. The Dropdown menu to the right will show a full history so you can jump back several steps without clicking various times.
5. PLEASE NOTE: similar to a web browser, if you use the Form Navigation buttons to go back and forward, you'll be able to go forward and backward as many times as you wish. However, if you go back several forms, and then manually click on a new form, the Forward button will disable as this is now a new "end point" for the back and forward tracking.
HOWEVER, the history dropdown menu will continue to show all the forms that you have visited since you opened the loan.