Encompass provides an extensive series of integrations for a variety of services. With the Disable Services plugin Lender Toolkit provides a way to control who has access to which of these at what point in the loan process. Using this tool helps control expenses and prevents errors.
1. Installation of the Disable Services plugin is done through the Toolshed Plugin under the Expert tier, ensure that the Disable Services plugin is licensed through Toolshed before continuing.
2. In the Toolshed Plugin, ensure that the Disable Services plugin is activated under the “Settings” button. When the tool is active, you’ll see a button from the main PowerTools Expert tab with “Disable Services” written on it.
3. Once activated an input form called “Admin – Disable Services Plugin” will be added to your system. Once activated, this tool will run automatically.
Instructions for Use
1. Once the tool is enabled, its functionality can be reviewed on the “Admin – Disable Services Plugin” custom input form. Open a loan to access this screen.
2. The main portion of the screen displays a summary of the settings to control access for users or personas, and to block access. Click the “Manage Settings” button to review, add or remove services controls.
3. The Settings for Disabling Services pop up has two sections to manage access. The top section allows you to create Access Control List (ACL) Profiles based on personas as well as individual user ids. The lower section is where the ACL Profiles are applied to Services. Icons are provided to the upper right of each section to add, edit or delete an ACL or ACL Profile.
4. Define ACL Profiles – Access Control Lists for Users / PersonasACL Profiles are analogous to a limited set of Business Rules that apply only to Services a. Add an ACL Profile – click the Green “+” icon to open the Add New ACL Profile window.
b. Edit an ACL Profile – click the “Pencil” icon to edit an existing ACL Profile
c. ACL Profiles have three sections for controls
- Bypass these users allows you to select individual user ids that the persona rules in this ACL Profile will not apply to. Clicking the add icon to launch a list of users to select from. Then select a user and click the “Add” button.
- Always block services for these Users allows you to indicate which users may have access to services blocked. Field based conditions may be applied to these controls.
- Block Services for Personas without Allowed Personas allows controls to be set based on persona, as well as making exceptions if the user has multiple personas. These settings may also have field based conditions applied.
5. Apply PCL Profiles to Block ServicesThis section of the tool is where the rules created in the ACL Profiles are connected to Services to authorize or block access.
a. Click the Green “+” icon to add a Services Block.
- Select the Service that this is to apply to
- Select the ACL Profile to use
- The message field defaults to “You cannot run this service”, and may be edited as needed.
b. To edit a Service Block, click the “Pencil” icon.
- You may change the ACL Profile selected
- You may edit the Message
Note: The Service is not editable
6. Additional Controls – at the bottom of the screen
a. “Open Log File” button – works only when the Debug Flag is On.
b. “About” button – provides information about your license and the program version