The Activity Log plugin in Lender Toolkit's Toolshed provides an easy to use interface for reviewing, analyzing, and exporting Loan Open and Close events and includes the UserID, IP address, Computer Name, and Loan Folder. It includes an Export to Excel feature, and can be easily searched from within the tool's user interface.
Security and permissions to Encompass are one of the highest time-spends for Encompass Administrators in an industry that is full of regulation. This tool makes it easier for administrators to monitor who is accessing loans and where from a high level. This information can be used to determine how to best improve the security of their environment.
1. Installation of the Activity Log tool is done through the Toolshed Plugin under the Expert tier, ensure that the Activity Log tool is licensed through Toolshed before continuing.
2. In the Toolshed Plugin, ensure that the Activity Log is activated under the “Settings” button. When the tool is active, you’ll see a button from the main PowerTools Expert tab with “Activity Log” written on it.
3. Once activated an input form called “Admin – Activity Log Plugin” will be added to your system.
Instructions for Use
1. Visit the "Admin - Activity Log Plugin" custom input form
2. Click the "Admin" button in the upper right corner of the input form to open the tool
3. From this window, the various logs and their locations can be viewed and opened. You can also click the buttons in the center to save the log files locally on your machine as Text files.
Click on a log to view its contents in the table at the bottom of the window
4. Click on the Excel icon just above the table to export the contents to an Excel Spreadsheet
5. If needed, you can manually download the log files from the CDO management tool in the Input Form builder
6. You'll notice that when you open the log text files manually (not exported to Excel), these text files also contain the loan GUID. This can be used for custom implementations for tracking loans and getting additional information through the SDK if needed.